Production TechnicianBack to Careers
Our immediate need is for Production Technician, you won’t have worked with this type of product before and that’s OK. We need you to be technically proficient and any CNC experience is an asset. If you have experience using SolidWorks tell us about it! Secondary education is also an asset but not everything. We are looking for great people that have an eagerness to learn on the job and apply your positive energy in our shop environment.
The Production Technician is responsible for the manufacturing of CDR’s products as per the design and specifications outlined by CDR’s engineering and design team. Supporting a rapidly growing product portfolio the Production Technician must have the organizational skills to maintain a safe clean and organized work area. Take direction from the Production manager and be accountable for the quality and timely manner of their work and production timelines. The Production Technician will join the production team and work closely with design and engineering team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Take direction from the Production Manager as to the priorities of the day
- Operate a variety of hand tools for various manufacturing operations on plastics metals and composite materials
- Operate Drill press for hole and counter sinking operations
- Accurately position templates
- Use measuring tools accurately including Vernier Caliper
- Check materials to ensure they meet dimensional specifications
- Be capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Ensure all aspects of the manufacturing process are completed efficiently and within tolerance for the specific component and operations as outlined in the technical drawing or directed by other production team members
- Utilize proper safety protocols when working with machines and tools ensuring personal and coworker safety
- Count inventory and accurately maintain inventory lists as required
- Operate spray equipment for painting and coating applications
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, sweep/mop floors, vacuum\dust work area
- Use a computer and basic software with an aptitude to learning the use of unfamiliar software
- Labelling, packaging and shipping ensuring accuracy within each step in the production process
- Assist with other tasks as required
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years in a skills based shop environment
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Essential skills include: problem-solving, organization, accuracy, being self-motivated
- Enthusiasm and the excitement to be part of a winning team and a desire to become a true contributor to the success of that team
SALARY & BENEFITS
A competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefit package will be discussed with successful interview candidates.
Full-time Permanent Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for the available positions, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone and email. Thank you for your interest in CDR SystemsBack to Careers