Mechanical Engineering Technologist (Intern)Back to Careers
CDR Systems is searching for enthusiastic rock star Engineering Technology students to intern with us. Successful Internees will experience getting coffee for the staff - Just kidding...
You will work with a number of interesting and stimulating colleagues on tasks that have a real business impact. You will gain valuable experience and skills to equip you for your future working career. Your work will be across the production and design spectrum to gain experience with biomedical device manufacturing using advanced composite materials, technical product design and quality assurance.
Following a successful internship, you could be offered a position.
CDR Systems internships are designed to help you:
- Discover the strengths and development areas of your work-related skills, through constructive feedback, evaluation and supervision
- Improve general business competencies, including communication, team-building, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Discover potential job areas, fields of specialization or areas of future study
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Develop an understanding of CDR’s quality system
- Experience manufacturing with advanced composite materials
- Preform quality assessments of products and materials processes
- Hands on work on the production floor
- Use and produce technical drawings
- Participate in design meetings
- Gain exposure to the biomedical industry
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Currently enrolled full-time in an Engineering Technology program at an accredited post-secondary institution and returning to studies after the work term
- Available to begin no later than May 2017
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or a valid work permit which would allow you to work for CDR Systems
SALARY & BENEFITS
A competitive hourly wage will be discussed with successful interview candidates.
Full-time 4-6 Months Flexible Hours.
We appreciate the time that all applicants have taken when applying for the available positions, however, only the candidates that are chosen for an interview will be notified by phone and email. Thank you for your interest in CDR SystemsBack to Careers